Erik M. Feig brings more than 20 years of experience representing and working with innovators in a variety of emerging and established technology, information and content sectors, most recently having served more than a decade as General Counsel responsible for all legal operations of a leading information technology and services company. His practice and experience spans the ever-expanding scope of business and issues facing today’s innovative companies, including:
- Corporate governance, M&A, business integration, joint ventures and strategic alliances;
- Technology acquisition, operation and disposition;
- Protection and monetization of intellectual property assets;
- Software and system licensing, including mobile apps, Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS), and Cloud computing;
- Business operations and product life cycle management, from development to commercialization and distribution; and
- Privacy, and data and content rights.
Mr. Feig’s General Counsel practice has a particular focus on companies that, for a variety of reasons, may not consider themselves “ready” for a full-time, in-house legal function, but nevertheless would benefit from having the continuity and experience that a GC familiar with the business can offer. By building relationships that extend beyond the deals, Mr. Feig’s approach is to position both outside and in-house counsel to be vehicles for creating value for his clients.
His General Counsel practice focuses on supporting the legal wellness of a company, particularly growing and middle market organizations, and covers a wide range of corporate and operations related legal issues, such as:
- Corporate governance and board relations
- Risk management strategies
- Management of litigation and strategies for dispute resolution
- Human Resources and personnel issues
- Product and brand development and strategies
- Customer service
- Developing internal policies and procedures for day-to-day operations
- Strategies related to establishing and managing business partnerships and alliances
- Coordinating cross-functional legal teams
Admitted to practice in Maryland, New York and the District of Columbia, Mr. Feig is a 1996 graduate of Fordham University School of Law, and earned his undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering from Cornell University.
Sophisticated Legal Advice
Nemphos Braue’s co-founders and legal team left some of the largest firms in the world to practice differently. We combine big firm expertise with the flexibility and creativity of boutique practice to create personal, exceptional outcomes for our clients.
Meet Our Team of Legal Experts
Nemphos Braue attorneys are accomplished counselors in all areas of corporate law. Our diverse practice and business experience, education and interests shape the culture and set the standard of outstanding value we provide to clients. Learn more about our talented team below.