Erik M. Feig brings more than twenty years’ experience representing and working with innovators in a variety of emerging and established technology, information and content sectors, most recently having served more than a decade as General Counsel, responsible for all legal operations of a leading information technology and services company. His practice and experience spans the ever-expanding scope of business and issues facing today’s innovative companies, including:
• Corporate governance, M&A, business integration, joint ventures and strategic alliances;
• Technology acquisition, operation, and disposition;
• Protection and monetization of intellectual property assets;
• Privacy and software and system licensing, including Software as a Service (SaaS) Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS), and Cloud computing;
• Business operations & product life cycle management, from development to commercialization and distribution; and
• Privacy, and data and content rights.
Mr. Feig’s General Counsel practice has a particular focus on companies who, for a variety of reasons, may not consider themselves “ready” for a full-time, in-house legal function but nevertheless would benefit from having the continuity and experience that a GC familiar with the business can offer. By building relationships that extend beyond the deals, Mr. Feig’s approach is to position both outside and in-house counsel to be vehicles for creating value for his clients.
Admitted to practice in Maryland, New York, and the District of Columbia, Mr. Feig is a 1996 graduate of Fordham University School of Law, and earned his undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering from Cornell University.