Recently, Old Line Government Affairs moderated a panel for the Greater Baltimore Committee’s Breakfast Briefing event series. The panel, which featured Catherine Grason of CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, Jay Duke of Waring-Ahearn Insurance Agency Inc, and Rhett Buttle of Public Private Strategies, discussed the Affordable Care Act and what it means for business.
Here are a few take-aways for those who weren’t able to attend:
- At the national level, the constitutionality of the ACA is being challenged in court in the lawsuit Texas v. Azar brought by 18 state attorneys general. The outcome may not be known for some time as it could be appealed to the Supreme Court.
- The Maryland legislature is preparing to introduce legislation this coming session to put into Maryland law, or clarify, that ACA consumer protection provisions are put into place in the event the ACA is found to be unconstitutional.
- The Maryland legislature will also explore the possibility of an individual mandate being required in Maryland
- The Maryland Health Benefit Exchange is seeking an allowance for small businesses to receive tax incentives on a monthly basis instead of at the end of the year, thus providing cash flow-relief covered in health insurance expenses.
- Maryland legislation from last year’s session created an advisory group to find ways in which enrollment can be made as easy as possible and to study an individual mandate.
Contact Nemphos Braue
As attorneys at Nemphos Braue, we are committed to helping businesses in Maryland grow and thrive. We understand the unique challenges facing businesses in the state, and we have the expertise and experience necessary to help them navigate complex legal issues and achieve their business goals.
Whether you are a startup looking to start a business in Maryland or an established company seeking to expand, our team of attorneys can provide you with the legal guidance and support you need to succeed. We specialize in a wide range of legal areas, including corporate law, intellectual property, employment law, and litigation, among others.
At Nemphos Braue, we are dedicated to building long-term relationships with our clients. We take the time to understand our clients’ businesses, goals, and challenges, enabling us to provide tailored legal solutions that meet their unique needs. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed, and we work tirelessly to help them achieve their business objectives while minimizing risk and maximizing opportunities.
If you are looking for legal guidance and support to help your business grow and thrive in Maryland, look no further than Nemphos Braue. With our expertise, experience, and dedication, we can help you navigate the legal landscape and achieve your business goals, now and in the future.