We are proud to sponsor the upcoming Maryland Manufacturing Innovation Executive Leadership Summit on September 30th, supporting our clients and the many manufacturers that are making great things in Maryland. Read the announcement:
Maryland MEP Presents Maryland Manufacturing Innovation Executive Leadership Summit
September 30 event at UMBC will focus on latest opportunities, trends, and best practices for Maryland’s manufacturing leaders
Columbia, Md. (August 31, 2021) – The Maryland Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MD MEP) is kicking off Maryland Manufacturing Month with an exclusive, in-person event for our state’s most influential manufacturing industry leaders. The Maryland Manufacturing Innovation Executive Leadership Summit will take place on Thursday, September 30 at the Chesapeake Employers Insurance Arena at University of Maryland, Baltimore County (1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, Md. 21250). The event features a full day of dynamic speakers offering insight into the emerging trends, pitfalls and best practices to help local manufacturers retain their competitive advantage as the industry continues to rebound from and look beyond COVID-19.
Speakers and presentations will focus on the most pressing challenges today’s manufacturers face and turning them into opportunities. Confirmed speakers include:
- Anirban Basu, Chairman & CEO of Sage Policy Group. As one of the region’s most recognizable economists, Anirban Basu will share economic data and analysis for the pre-pandemic and pandemic worlds, and forecasts for life post-pandemic. Executives will gain insight into the current economic indicators, drivers, and outlook for 2022.
- Rebekah Kowalski, Vice President, Manpower Manufacturing, will examine barriers manufacturers face in attracting and retaining talent, and will provide a roadmap for accelerating the skills development of the workforce of the future.
- Ned Hill, Former NIST MEP National Advisor Board Chair, and John R. Brandt, CEO of The MPI Group, will help manufacturers determine their place on the technology curve with a digital readiness assessment. Attendees will learn how to identify and implement the right technologies at the right time to generate the greatest return on investment.
- Justin Goldston, Professor of Project and Supply Chain Management at Penn State University, will discuss how local manufacturers can help establish Maryland’s position in the global supply chain to offset economic changes that continue to impact many industries and sectors. Attendees will learn how to reduce supply chain risk, improve outcomes, and the importance of sustainability for long-term supply chain planning.
Admission to the Maryland Manufacturing Innovation Executive Leadership Summit is $400 for manufacturers and $550 for non-manufacturers. Registration is available online at https://mdmep.org/md-mfg-innovation-summit-2021/ until September 23, 2021.
Sponsors of the Maryland Manufacturing Innovation Executive Leadership Summit:
- Nemphos Braue LLC
- North American Millwright
- Mind Over Machines
- Summit Business Technologies
- Consolidated Insurance + Risk Management
- Gross Mendelsohn
- Devaney & Associates
- Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore
- Unleashed Technologies
- Envision Excellence
MD MEP thanks strategic partners The Maryland Department of Commerce, The Maryland Department of Labor, and The MEP National Network for their support of the Maryland Manufacturing Innovation Executive Leadership Summit.
About the Maryland Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MD MEP)
The Maryland Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MD MEP) is a non-profit organization funded by industry and the State of Maryland that is focused on growing and strengthening Maryland manufacturers. Serving mostly small- and mid-size manufacturers (500 employees or less) across all industries, MD MEP provides an array of programs and services to help these local companies operate more efficiently, grow profitability and create more jobs and opportunities in Maryland. MD MEP is part of the MEP National Network™ and has served more than 400 manufacturers across the state, generating more than $217 million in economic impact and more than 900 jobs. For more information, please call 443-343-0085 or visit mdmep.org.
# # #