March 2, 2021 – Governor Hogan Press Conference
Dr. Robert Redfield, former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, will join Maryland’s COVID-19 team as a Senior Adviser for Public Health. He will advise the state in a number of areas, including vaccines and variants.
Johnson & Johnson
- Made in Maryland.
- Initial allocation: 49,600
- No Johnson & Johnson shipped to states next week.
Mass Vaccination Sites
- Six Flags site will begin second doses and expand from 2,000 shots per day to more than 4,000.
- M&T Bank Stadium site will ramp up to 2,000 shots per day.
- Convention Center pivoting to focus on underserved communities in Baltimore City.
- Southern Maryland site at the Blue Crabs’ stadium in Charles County will open Thursday, March 4th.
- Eastern Shore site at the Wicomico Civic Center in Salisbury will open no later than Thursday, March 18th.
- Western Maryland site at Hagerstown Premium Outlets will open by the end of this month.
- Increasing allocations to providers across the state.
- Prepared to consider additional increases to providers who are able to utilize more doses.
Maryland has vaccinated more than 40% of our eligible population, including many of our most vulnerable.
The state’s vaccination network includes 2,381 distribution points at pharmacies, mass vaccination sites, hospitals, local health departments and assisted living facilities.