We were proud to be a part of last week’s Innovation in Health Care event with Jmore. Such important insight from the speakers, great conversation and networking before and after the panel, and time well spent honoring incredible accomplishments and advancements in an area that matters to each and every one of us. Thank you to Jmore for their efforts in bringing us together with an amazing group of innovators.
Through our law practice we have worked with numerous businesses in the health care space — from insurance and hospital to apps and digital technology. We never cease to be amazed by the passion, commitment and ingenuity evident in the entrepreneurial endeavors of our clients.
Among the topics discussed at the event:
- Chronic disease, and the need for greater prevention
- The connection between mental and physical health, and a more personalized approach
- 1.5 million telemedicine visits and potential for legislation in 2022
- Creating patents and inventions and working with tech transfer programs
- Pricey medication and better ways to treat patients
This year’s speakers were Dr. John B. Chessare, President and Chief Executive Officer of GBMC HealthCare; Jon Hershfield, MFT, Director of The Center for OCD and Anxiety at Sheppard Pratt; Dr. Helen Hughes, Medical Director for Johns Hopkins Medicine’s Office of Telemedicine; Dr. Alan H. Shikani, Chief of Otolaryngology at LifeBridge Sinai Hospital; and Adam Silverman, DPM, Wound Care Medical Director for MVS Wound Care & Hyperbarics.
Watch the presentation: