Tim E. Braue is a founding member of NB Law. He focuses his practice in the area of sophisticated corporate transactions. Mr. Braue frequently represents private companies, venture capital investors and private equity funds in connection with mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings and general corporate matters. Mr. Braue’s clients include manufacturing and industrial services companies, pharmaceutical and medical device businesses, telemedicine and high-tech telecommunications companies, real estate development firms, insurance entities and emerging food and beverage industries.
Prior to forming NB Law, Mr. Braue worked at some of the largest corporate practice law firms in the world, leading transaction teams in complex, multibillion-dollar financing and acquisitions. Mr. Braue was honored with SmartCEO’s 2016 Center of Influence Award for his work advising Baltimore’s top CEO’s. He also served high-level positions in both the federal and Maryland state governments. Mr. Braue served in the White House as Deputy Associate Director of Presidential Personnel, was appointed by President George W. Bush to be Counsel to the Attorney General in the U.S. Department of Justice and was named Deputy Appointments Secretary and served with the current Governor of Maryland, Larry Hogan Jr. Mr. Braue led Governor Hogan’s transition team for economic development and education agencies and is currently the chairman of the Harford County Judicial Nominating Commission.
Admitted to practice in Maryland, Mr. Braue is a 1997 cum laude graduate of Valparaiso University Law School and a 1992 graduate of St. Mary’s College of Maryland with degrees in Economics and Political Science.
• Center of Influence Award Smart CEO Magazine 2016
• Chairman, Harford County Judicial Nominating Commission Governor Larry J. Hogan, Jr. 2015
• Chair, Governor Hogan Transition Team (Business, Economic Development & Education) Governor-Elect Hogan 2014
• Deputy Secretary, Governor’s Appointments Office – Governor Robert L. Ehrlich, Jr. 2003
• Member, Governor’s Commission on the Structure & Efficiency of State Government (Mandel Commission) Secretary Larry Hogan 2003
• Counsel to the Attorney General of the United States of America John Ashcroft 2002
• Deputy Assistant Director of Presidential Personnel President George W. Bush 2001
• Bush-Cheney Transition Team President-Elect Bush 2000